Directions for getting to BHFH by foot, bike, public transit and car are available from googlemaps.
We are located in downtown Boston, a short walk from all subway lines. We occupy both #6 and #8 Chestnut Street; the main entrance is at #8.
There are multiple Chestnut Streets in Boston; when using GPS, use the zip code 02108 to ensure you get the correct address.
Driving and parking are difficult in downtown Boston; if you have the choice, we recommend leaving your car behind or parking at the end of a subway line: Alewife (from the west and north), Braintree (from the south) or Riverside (from the west).
There is no on-street parking at Beacon Hill Friends House. The Boston Common Garage offers hourly and overnight parking. During the day, there are some meters available for up to two hours on Charles Street and Beacon Street.
- Our large event space (the Meeting Room) and bathroom are wheelchair-accessible. Public events are held in the Meeting Room unless otherwise indicated.
- The Parlor (our small meeting space) is one floor up from the ground floor and is not wheelchair accessible. We do have an elevator, but the doorway is 23″ wide.
- Chestnut St. is on a hill. We are a short descent from the intersection with Walnut St., and a relatively sleep climb up from Charles St.
- We do not have dedicated parking.
- Speakers at our events in the Meeting Room (the site of all our public events unless otherwise indicated) use microphones connected to a PA system.
- We offer childcare by advance request at most of our public events, as indicated on event announcements. We request at least 7-10 days’ notice to find providers. We attempt to accommodate requests made later than that, but it can be hard to find a childcare provider on short notice.
- Please let us know what we can do to make our events and space accessible to you, and we will do our best to accommodate. Contact Emily Savin at email@example.com.